This month: Saturday 29th September 2018 from 10.30am
Join us for another exciting Village Day, it’s full steam ahead for more activities to involve members and visitors.
- 10:30 Greeny Flats: Energy positive homes presentation More here: “Greeny flats” Energy Positive Homes & Village Day, Sat 29 Sept
- 11:30 What NEV is all about: A short presentation for all to find out, all questions answered.
- 12:15 Bodhi Farm – ‘Farmers of Enlightenment’ Talk by Lee Stickells, Associate Professor in Architecture at the University of Sydney, will share his research & interest in the potential for architecture to shape other ways of living.
- 13:00 House plan Showcase A couple who have begun construction & another member who has plans ready to go, will be sharing their design ideas & plans.
- 14:15 Site Tours Our popular and knowledgeable tour guides will show you around the site
- 15:00 Food Justice Presentation Permaculture Designer & Environmental Activist, Emet Degirmenci – empowerment through food sovereignty & social-ecological principles for community building.
- all day from 11 Market Stall & Construction workshop @ the Camp Kitchen
- 16:00 end
We hope to see you there!
About Village Days
In 2018 our Open Days have a new format- they are now the two-monthly and are called Village Days.
As well as the traditional site tours and presentation, now you can also meet a co-op member for an in-depth discussion, see members in action (and maybe join in). Each month there are different activities. Past Village days have included building with straw bales, checking beehives, finding edible weeds, repairing bikes, sharpening tools, digging drainage, selling plants and practising meditation.
- When last Saturday of September & November 2018, starting from about 10.30am (Details to be provided)
- Where 25 Research Road, Narara NSW 2250
- How Just turn up. You don’t need to register to attend the Village Day or the Monthly Network talk.
- Cost $10 per person or $20 for a family. Includes tea/coffee and fruit nibbles
- NB Entry is free to NELN members. NELN membership allows you to attend all Open Days for 12 months, and provides discounts on special workshops and tours. Annual membership costs individual $20, family $40. Join Now
Check this web site or the NEV website http://nararaecovillage.com or find us on Facebook for further details about each month.