|The interplay between environmental, social and economic considerations is deemed as crucial to securing the overall sustainability of a community.
Some of the guiding values and objectives which we plan to demonstrate and share with the wider community are:
- “Deep green”, cutting edge residential development which seeks to utilise Permaculture and best ecological technologies and practices available today.
- Village design based on sustainability principles, as utilised successfully in leading ecovillages around the world.
- Ecological buildings using passive solar design and sustainably sourced, natural materials.
- Use of existing buildings wherever possible.
- Collection and use of rainwater on site.
- Water conservation through grey water recycling.
- Sustainable waste treatment including composting toilet systems.
- Use of renewable energy sources, such as solar power, with the option to feedback into the power grid.
- Composting and recycling of all domestic wastes.
- Use of walking and cycling as the predominant mode of transport within the pedestrian-friendly, human scale village.
- Co-operative transport, such as carpooling, to minimise both costs and the environmental impact and to enhance community.
- Preserving purity of air, soil and water through strict ecological standards.
- Organic and/or bio-dynamic agricultural activities.
- Encouragement of local wildlife and the management of domestic animals e.g. dogs and cats.
- Preservation and rehabilitation of native vegetation.
- Village design that facilitates community interaction and balances our need for private space.
- All homes to be within walking distance of the village centre.
- Active participation of residents in community decision making and governance.
- Training in co-operative dispute resolution procedures to enhance community communication and decision making.
- Inclusive community, welcoming the involvement of people from all ages, economic circumstances and cultural backgrounds.
- Inclusive of people with disability through accessible design.
- An interdependent culture of mutual support and respect.
- Integration with the wider Central Coast community.
- A village environment which is ideal for raising children – safe and rich in community with naturally designed play areas.
- A community supporting people through all stages of their life.
- Community building through joint activities, celebrations, shared interest groups, community organic garden and much more!