Sunday 15th September 2019
Morning: 9:30am – 1: 20pm or Afternoon: 12:30 -4:30pm
25 Research Rd Narara, NSW 2250
Ticket bookings essential [link to come]
Open houses! See …
- Near-Passive house
- Ordinary-sized houses
- Very small 9 star house
- Tiny house
- Community-constructed outdoor kitchen with an earth floor
- Straw bale & straw panels
- Rammed earth
- Double glazed fittings
Talks throughout the day
- Tiny Houses
- House designs (owners, builders or architects talk about sustainable house designs)
- Other talks- to be advised
Other activities available
- Self-guided tour of the Village
- Food and drink
- Picnic spots
- Places to relax and discuss sustainable houses!
- Shuttle bus Please consider the environment and use our free shuttle bus between the village and Narara Train station [Train timetable will be posted when we can confirm it]
- Parking is very limited.
Getting around the village
- There is a lot of outdoor walking; most parking will be at least three hundred meters distant from the houses. Visitors will likely need to walk at least 1.5 kms, which may include the steep hill.
- Please wear sturdy shoes and wet weather protection in case of rain.
- There is some wheelchair access & limited mobility parking. If you need mobility parking, please contact the organisers on firstname.lastname@example.org, as car access is restricted at the village
Still want to go? Here’s what to do:
- Register with Renew SHD and indicate which open houses you intend to visit : [SHD event page url to come]
- Now secure your event entry tickets. Choose your preferred session: Morning 9:30 am-1:30 pm or Afternoon 12:30 pm-4:30 pm
Please note, ticket numbers are limited